Recreation Department ProgramsFor more information regarding any of these programs please contact the Romeoville Recreation Department at 815-886-6222.
- Rules of the RoadThis class is sponsored by the Secretary of State for Adults 55 and over. It is a refresher course for residents who are seeking to renew their driver's license.
Police Department ProgramsFor more information regarding any of these programs please contact the Romeoville Police Department at 815-886-7219. Read through a list of senior crime prevention tips.
- Special Needs ProgramThis program is for seniors who suffer from memory loss problems such as Alzheimer's. A photo is taken and placed in the police data bank along with their address so the senior can be returned home.
- Senior Fraud Prevention SeminarThis program identifies the dangers of con games, scams and identity theft.
- Home Security SurveyThis program makes recommendations to improve your safety.
- Well Being ChecksRelatives can contact the Police Department and have an officer check a senior's well-being.
- Social Service UnitThe Police Social Worker assists seniors with personal and family problems.
- Citizens Police AcademyThis 12 week class runs one night a week in the spring and fall. The classes instruct attendees on various law enforcement topics. The academy gives students a basic understanding of current police practices.
Web link: http://il-romeoville.civicplus.com/268/Citizens-Youth-Police-Academy
Fire Department ProgramsFor more information regarding any of these programs please contact the Romeoville Fire Department at 815-372-4045
- RESIDENTIAL EMERGENCY KEY BOXES
Residential emergency key boxes (Knox Box) are available to residents who are elderly or due to a disability may have difficulty answering the door. With just an initial security deposit, these key boxes are available on a month to month basis at no additional charge to the resident.
The boxes are temporarily mounted on the front door for access by the first responders. This allows them to reach the patient quickly and eliminates any forcible entry damage to the door.
Applications can be obtained at Fire Prevention Bureau, which is located at the Romeoville Village Hall, 1050 W. Romeo Rd. Romeoville, IL 60446.
The Romeoville Fire Prevention Bureau and the American Red Cross also have a program for the elderly or disabled to replace smoke alarms or their batteries. Contact the fire prevention bureau to set up an appointment for battery replacements or for smoke alarms contact the American Red Cross at 331-321-1799
- SMOKE ALARM INSTALLATION & BATTERY CHECKS
Most smoke alarms have a 10 year life span, if your alarms are older than ten years they should be replaced.
- FILE FOR LIFE
This is a free program where adults and seniors display a magnetic card holder on their refrigerator. Inside the holder contains a card with vital medical history and information for the first responders.
This information is very important if an emergency occurs and the patient cannot relay their information to the paramedics.Anyone can obtain one of these free of charge at the Romeoville Fire Prevention Bureau office located at the Romeoville Village Hall, 1050 W. Romeo Rd. Romeoville, IL 60446.
- CITIZENS FIRE ACADEMY
The citizen’s fire academy is open to residents who might be interested in the operations of fire service. The two month class will enable them to view the "behind the scene" dynamics of our department. The course is held at various times throughout the year so check the village web site for the next available class.