- Public Works
- Tree Programs
- Yard Waste / Branch Pickup
Yard Waste / Branch Pickup
Yard Waste/Branch Pickups (April 1st through december 15th)
- All yard waste, including branch pickups, are now handled by Waste Management. Yard waste and branches will be picked up on the same day as your regular garbage.
- All yard waste and branches must be placed at the curb by 6 a.m. on collection days, in accordance with regular trash regulations.
- Keep bags/carts at least four feet from parked cars, mailboxes and other obstacles that may prevent Waste Management team members from picking it up.
- As of June 1, 2019, the chipper service will no longer be available, therefore all branches must meet Waste Management’s guidelines.
- Residents are responsible for the disposal of any materials that do not conform to Waste Management’s guidelines. Sod and dirt are considered trash, not yard waste, so please dispose of them with your regular garbage.
- Place yard waste in Kraft paper bags bought at local retail stores or a yard waste toter provided by Waste Management. Small quantities of sod will be collected, provided it’s placed in Kraft bags and each bag is only 1/3 full. Up to six bags will be accepted per week. All yard waste and branches must be placed at the curb in accordance with regular trash regulations. Yard waste carts can be rented from Waste Management by contacting them directly at (800) 964-8988.
- Waste Management provides a branch disposal service in conjunction with their yard waste program. Residents are already paying for this service as part of the residential disposal contract with Waste Management. This service is provided on the same day as your regular trash service (April 1st-Dec. 15th).
- Branches placed on the parkway for pick up must meet all Waste Management’s guidelines.
- Brush and branches must measure 3" or less in diameter. All branches must be cut into 4' lengths or less and bundled with string or twine. The bundle total weight should be 50 pounds or less.
- The above guidelines must be met to avoid a code violation. Any branches not in conformance with the above guidelines and subsequently not picked by Waste Management will be subject to a code violation.
- Chipper service is only available during the two Clean Up Weeks per year: once in the fall and once in the spring following what the village deems a major storm event.
- Seniors in need of financial assistance for tree removal should apply for funds through the Good Neighbor Fund in order to hire a contractor.