Clean Up Week
Romeoville has two Clean Up Weeks per year: one in the Spring and one in the Fall. Residents are encouraged to clean up property keeping Romeoville beautiful!
- Spring Clean Up Week is May 8-12, 2023
- Fall Clean Up Week is September 11-15, 2023
- Garbage pick-up will be on your regular scheduled day with unlimited pick-up of large items. All normal pick up regulations apply.
- Hazardous Waste is handled by Waste Management’s At Your Door Program.
- Make sure any additional items outside of your toter are contained in either plastic bags or containers.
- Please do not include regular garbage with your grass clippings. (Clippings must be in Kraft-Biodegradable bags or an approved container.)
Chipper service is only available during the two Clean Up Weeks per year: once in the fall and once in the spring following what the village deems a major storm event.
Clean Up Week Chipper Service:
- Branches for the chipper will be picked up on the same day as your regular garbage service, but only during the village’s designated Clean Up Week. All branches must be placed in the parkway prior to 7 a.m. on the day of your regular garbage service, no sooner than 24 hours in advance.
- Brush and branches must measure between three and eight feet in length and may be up to six inches in diameter. Brush and branches for the chipper can not contain thorns or any other construction/building type materials.
- Brush must be stacked on the parkway in front of the home. Branches should be placed lengthwise in the parkway. Branches can not be placed within the vicinity of any structure (mailbox, fire hydrant, landscape bricks, street signs, existing trees, etc.) Please also ensure vehicles are not parked in the street in the way of safely removing the branches.
- Branches can not be bundled for the chipper service.