Yard Waste will be picked up on the same day as your regular garbage service (April 1st - December 16th).
- All yard waste is picked up by Waste Management. Yard waste and branches will be picked up on the same day as your regular garbage.
- All yard waste and branches must be placed at the curb by 6 a.m. on collection days, in accordance with regular trash regulations.
- Yard waste must be placed in kraft-paper bags. Waste Management also offers rental/purchase of a 96 Gallon cart. No other containers allowed. Keep bags/carts at least four feet from parked cars, mailboxes and other obstacles that may prevent Waste Management team members from picking it up.
- Brush and branches must measure less than three inches in diameter.
- Branches must be bundled with string or twine, lengths 4’ or less, branches of 3” diameter or less, bundle total weight of 50 lbs. or less.
- As of June 1, 2019, the chipper service will no longer be available, therefore all branches must meet Waste Management’s guidelines.
- Chipper service is only available during the two Clean Up Weeks per year: once in the fall and once in the spring following what the village deems a major storm event.
- Residents are responsible for the disposal of any materials that do not conform to Waste Management’s guidelines. Sod and dirt are considered trash, not yard waste, so please dispose of them with your regular garbage.
- Seniors in need of financial assistance for tree removal should apply for funds through the Good Neighbor Fund.
Clean Up Week
This is a week to encourage Romeoville residents to tidy up their yards and homes with unlimited pick-up of large items. Clean up week is held twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring.
Garbage pick-up will be on your regular scheduled day with unlimited pick-up of large items. All normal pick up regulations apply. Hazardous waste is handled by Waste Management’s At Your Door program.
Make sure any additional items outside of your toter are contained in either plastic bags or containers. Please do not include regular garbage with your grass clippings. (Clippings must be in Kraft-Biodegradable bags or an approved container.)