The Village of Romeoville has a money-saving service for homeowners PDF.
When a homeowner vacates their property for a period equal to or greater than 5 weeks, a refuse discount will be prorated for the number of days the homeowner is away from the property.
- The homeowner must complete and submit the required application to the Finance Department. Please note that the application must be submitted prior to start of vacancy period otherwise the discount will commence from the date submitted. Applications will not be able to be backdated.
- Homeowner vacancy must be 5 weeks (35 days) or longer to qualify for a refuse discount.
- A water meter reading must be scheduled by calling the Village of Romeoville at 815-886-7212 prior to the 1st date of vacancy and on the final date of vacancy.
- If there is water usage of more than 1,000 gallons during the vacancy period, a refuse credit will not be issued.
- A 1-time refuse credit will be prorated for the days of vacancy, and the refuse credit adjustment will then be applied to the utility account on the vacancy end date.