Summer Open Gym
Come with your friends or meet some new ones at the Romeoville Recreation Center Open Gym to enjoy basketball, gymnastics and walking. For the residents who don’t want to play basketball or volleyball, open gym is also available for walkers.
PARENTAL SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED FOR 5TH GRADE OR YOUNGER. NON-RESIDENT GUESTS MUST BE 18+, OR HAVE A SIGNED WAIVER.
CHILDREN (GRADES 5 & UNDER) $2
YOUTH (GRADES 6-8) $2
HIGH SCHOOL (GRADES 9-12) $3
ADULT (18-49 YEARS) $3
ACTIVE LIVING (50+ YEARS OLD) Free
FIT 4 LIFE FITNESS MEMBER Free
NON-RESIDENT GUEST $10
OPEN GYM ID CARDS
Residents (6th grade & older) are required to register for a free Open Gym ID card annually. Those 17 years of age & younger must be with a parent/legal guardian when registering. Open Gym ID’s must be presented at the front desk to be admitted into Open Gym. No exceptions will be made. A $5 fee will be charged for replacing lost or stolen ID cards.
WALKING IN THE GYM
Gym shoes must be worn - street shoes are not allowed in the gymnasiums. All residents must obtain a free Open Gym ID from the front desk. Non residents must be accompanied by a Romeoville resident with a current Open Gym ID. FREE to Romeoville Residents. ($2 for Non-Residents)
Summer open gym hours
June 15 - September 2
ACTIVE LIVING (50+ YEARS OLD)
Monday - Friday (9:00AM-12:00PM)
Monday - Friday (10:00AM - 3:00PM)
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (3:00PM - 5:00PM)
Open Gym schedule and availability is contingent upon programming & events.
OPEN GYM RULES
Abuse of gym rules will not be tolerated; offenders may lose gym use privileges. The Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items. Please keep all valuables out of sight, in a locker, or in your car.
- Limited to sporting activities only.
- Food & beverages (including gum & candy) are not allowed in the gym.
- Fighting, swearing, spitting or loitering are not allowed.
- Dunking & dodge ball are not allowed.
- Black sole & dress shoes, hats or loose jewelry are not allowed.
- Gang symbols are not allowed.
- Smoking & chewing tobacco is not allowed.
- Must check in, pay and receive wristband at each visit. Wristband must be shown to attendant prior to entering gym.
- No disruptive or inappropriate behavior will be tolerated.