The mission of the Community Development Department is to give professional assistance in planning, development and construction. We will provide excellent customer service as we create a high quality environment for living, working, shopping and recreation.
A GROWING COMMUNITY
The Village of Romeoville is a fast growing community that is building its way into the future. The opportunities available to residents and businesses alike make Romeoville a desirable place to live and work. Romeoville has a broad range of housing options. Single family homes, duplexes, townhomes, upper scale apartments, and senior housing constitute housing in Romeoville. Different neighborhoods provide different amenities, but all are peaceful with quality housing. Please visit us to see what we can offer you.
The Village of Romeoville is a dynamic and growing community of 40,000 residents. Romeoville's business climate has never been more favorable. Romeoville boasts a well balanced economy and progressive business atmosphere. We are a premiere site for commercial and industrial development and offer:
- Business Friendly Government
- Development availability along I-55 Corridor
- Development incentives
- Excellent higher education opportunities including Lewis University, Joliet Junior College and Rasmussen College in Romeoville @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Expedited Permit Process
- High Quality of Life
- Highly accessible location with direct access to I-55 and I-355
- Low taxes @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- New Metra Station located on the Heritage Corridor Rail Line
- One of the fastest growing communities in Will County
- Skilled Workforce @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
ROMEOVILLE RECOGNIZED FOR EXCELLENCE IN FINANCIAL REPORTINGFebruary 2016 - The Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting has, once again, been awarded to the Village of Romeoville. Read on...
2015 EDIE AWARD WINNERRomeoville Project Receives Illinois Economic Development Award - The Illinois Chamber of Commerce has recognized Romeoville's Magid Glove and Safety for the 2015 award for economic development and job creation. Read on...
ROMEOVILLE ACCEPTS 2014 AWARD FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN ILLINOISJune 26, 2014 - Mayor Noak and Peacock Engineering accepted the 2014 Edie Award given by the Illinois Chamber of Commerce. The award recognizes significant economic development projects including the Peacock Engineering expansion at 1001 Crossroads Pkwy. Read on...
2009 EDIE AWARDKimberly-Clark received the 2009 Edie Award by the Illinois Chamber of Commerce and Illinois Economic Development Association for their 750,000-square-foot distribution center in the ProLogis Park 55 Development in Romeoville. Read on...
GOLD MEDAL WINNERThe Village of Romeoville Wins Gold Medal as Highest Performing Economic Development Organization for Communities 25,001 to 100,000 in Population in 2012/2013. Read on...