There are a variety of grants and assistance programs being made available for businesses that are being impacted by COVID-19. You can find some of them below, as well as links to other helpful resources.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans - The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will work directly with state Governors to provide targeted, low-interest loans to small businesses and non-profits that have been severely impacted by COVID-19. The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing. Find more information on the SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans at: SBA.gov/Disaster
- ComEd Small Business Assistance Program - The Small Business Assistance Program provides eligible small business customers with a one-time grant up to $1,000 towards a past due balance once every 12 months. Eligible customers may also place a remaining balance into a payment plan of up to six months. To apply for the Small Business Assistance Program, please call 877-426-6331. More information here.
- Will County Small Business Assistance Grant Program - Will County is reopening applications for businesses that have not received a grant through the Will County Small Business Grant Program. For information, click here. Eligibility criteria information can be found here.
- Business Interruption Grants Program - The Business Interruption Grant (BIG) program is a $636 million program developed by Governor Pritzker and the Illinois General Assembly to provide economic relief for small businesses hit hardest by COVID-19. BIG leverages federal funding provided by the CARES Act to help offset COVID-19 related losses for Illinois small businesses. More information here.
- Paycheck Protection Program - A Small Business Association loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during COVID-19. Learn more here.
- Back to Business Grant Program - this $250 million grant program aims to deploy small business recovery grants for those hit hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications will be accepted starting August 18. More information here.
- Illinois Department of Commerce COVID-19 Emergency Resources for Businesses
- Illinois Department of Commerce COVID-19 Emergency Resources for Workers
- Emergency Small Business Grants and Loans Assistance
- Front-Line Staff Information for SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- SBA to Provide Economic Injury Disaster Loans for Coronavirus Related Economic Disruptions
- U.S. Small Business Administration DISASTER BUSINESS LOAN APPLICATION